Monday 12 November 2007

I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!

And another 'specials' bet with the ITV programme returning tonight.

Before I begin, I have allocated a liability of no more than 10pts at any time to this market, although I will try and keep the liability below this...

So far we have the following competitiors announced:
Gemma Atkinson - Actress Hollyoaks
Marc Bannerman - Actor Eastenders
Jason 'J' Brown - Formerly of the boyband Five
John Burton Race - Chef, famous for the show French Leave
Janice Dickinson - 70s supermodel and former judge on America's Next Top Model
Lynne Franks - Public Relations guru
Rodney Marsh - Footballer of the '60s and '70s and controversial ex-Sky Sports pundit
Cerys Matthews - Singer with the band Catatonia
Anna Ryder Richardson - Changing Rooms designer
Malcolm McLaren has already walked prior to the show and his replacement has not yet been announced.

The betting has set itself very much like the start of previous I'm a Celebrity shows with the favourites the well known soap stars etc, with the less well know almost automatically given the position of outsider.

This is one of the reasons why I think Janice Dickinson is a great bet to emulate other outsiders in Carol Thatcher and Matt Willis and win the thing. The former supermodel is a wild woman at the best of times, as can be seen from her prior conquests in and out of the bedroom. She'll be the life and soul, which added to the fact she is utterly, genuinely hilarious makes her a character I believe the public will take to their hearts very quickly.

If people knew more about her then her odds would be a lot shorter, I'm certain of that. They're already coming in as people find out more about her... this interview with Jonathan Ross shows her well on form. I was hoping people didn't find her out for a while and the odds would lengthen before coming in so I missed some of the slightly bigger prices. However her price is still great value.

I've already taken 2pts and am looking to top up for a maximum exposure on her of 4pts, giving me 6pts to play with before hitting the maximum.

Update: 3pts on Janice
I've taken her so far at average odds of 14.45

3pts Janice Dickinson @ 14.45

No comments: