Monday 12 November 2007

Monday Night Football

Two games of interest tonight, Reading host Arsenal and West Brom travel to Coventry.

First up, the Championship game, where West Brom take their indifferent away form to Coventry who are just as up and down at home. I feel this match will be a tight game and with both teams missing strikers I think that chances could be few and far between. I'm not one to usually go for a low scoring match, but I feel this could be what happens tonight. There's just not a lot to go on attacking wise (cue the goals!)

2.5pts Under 2.5 goals @ 2.06
0.5pts Coventry v West Brom 0-0 @ 12


In the Premiership tonight Arsenal travel to Reading knowing a win by 2 or more goals will take them top while Reading look for their 5th home win in 7 games. Away from home Reading are awful, there are no two ways about it, but at home they tend to get results. That said Arsenal came here last season and demolished them (0-4).

Reading will be out to frustrate and could well do that and it's a hard game to bet on... the odds on Arsenal are too short for a play on the away side and the score may be close, so I'm loathe to back them on the handicap market. I do think Arsenal will score, but think they may also concede - so the clean sheet market is out of the window.

There isn't really anything for me on this match except one small first goalscorer bet. Gallas got the late equaliser against United last week, his first of the season. He scored 3 times last season and I'm going to have a speculative half point on him doubling his tally this term.

0.5pts Gallas to score first @ 30


Update: 0-0 at half time at Coventry with the home side a man down, I've layed off my stake for a no loss if it is over 2.5 goals or a 2pts profit if under. I'm holding onto the 0-0 for now, may lay later...
However Flamini made it 1-0 for Arsenal just before half time, so the Gallas bet is down

Update: 2 in 2 minutes for West Brom and the 0-0 is down... glad I layed off the unders now!

Update: Another Brom goal... still no loss on that one.
2.5pts Under 2.5 goals @ 2.06 - Traded out for no loss
0.5pts Coventry v West Brom 0-0 @ 12 - Lost -0.5pts
0.5pts Gallas to score first @ 30 - Lost -0.5pts

Total: -1pts
November so far: +11.34pts

No comments: